construction methods for tough exterior exposures
No wood door manufacturer engineers their doors to withstand tough exposures like Simpson. And no one backs their exterior wood door like Simpson, with extended warranties and warranties that apply even with no building overhang. See warranties If your door will be exposed to the elements, consider the following construction types when selecting your Simpson door.
- Industry leading 10-year warranty - no overhang required
- Superior performing wood species - choose from Douglas Fir, Sapele Mahogany, or Nootka Cypress
- Two-piece laminated construction for all stiles and rails
- Mortise-and-tenon joinery with face-driven pins to eliminate stile and rail separation
- Tenon and face pins are always made of Black Locust
- Face-driven pins create a dramatic design aesthetic
- Two thicknesses available - 1¾" and 2¼"
- Two panel options - 1 7/16" Innerbond® double hip-raised or ¾" solid flat
- Two sticking profile options - Shaker or Ovolo
- All divided lite doors constructed with Simulated Divided Lite (SDL) construction
- Design pressure ratings of DP50 (additional hardware may be required in some applications)
ABOUT NANTUCKET COLLECTION AND VIEW ALL AVAILABLE NANTUCKET COLLECTION DOORS.
Performance Series® Upgrades
Performance Series is a selection of heavy-duty door components that deliver maximum protection for your finely crafted Simpson door. We currently offer two Performance Series options, UltraBlock® and WaterBarrier® technologies. The combination of these two technologies creates a door suited for the toughest exposures. And this protection is delivered without sacrificing the charm and craftsmanship you've come to expect from a Simpson door. After all, a beautiful door is only worth having if you can protect it.
- Five-year warranty, no overhang required
- One-piece Medium Density Overlay (MDO) on the outside for the very toughest exposures – commonly used on concrete forms and street signs
- Minimizes the possibility of stile and rail separation
- Eliminates checking on the face of the door
- Excellent durability and resists moisture absorption
- Overlay has thermoset acrylic latex primer topcoat, resulting in superior paint application
- Can use water or alkyd-based paints on finish
- PVC glazing bead and bar components provide moisture resistance
- Choose any species to match interior architecture
- Available for virtually any door design
ABOUT WATERBARRIER AND VIEW ALL DOORS AVAILABLE WITH THE WATERBARRIER OPTION.
- Five-year warranty
- Composite block material finger-jointed into the bottom of the stiles eliminates water infiltration
- Minimizes stile and rail separation
- Eliminates bottom rail and lower stile decay
- Reduces buckling and swelling of bottom rail and lower stile components
- Improves warp resistance
- Available for all 1¾" and 2¼" thick doors